Saturday, February 9, 2013

Good Morning Nemo!

I'm assuming that if you're reading this, that means you made it through the Nemo Blizzard so far.  I know we still have a ways to go, so please stay safe!  And if you are reading this without power, please stay warm!! 

If you've been following all along, then you must realize that means we have power.  Yes, all my talking about it must have worked.  It appears that all of Foxboro has power for a change.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Looking out the windows isn't exactly easy as they are pretty well caked with snow and ice.  See...


We are able to see out the bay window, but I honestly couldn't tell you how much snow we have because the drifts are all over the place.  And because we have a pretty good maintenance crew at our apartment complex and they were out all night plowing and snow blowing.    So here's what the place looks like at 7:30am:

The travel ban is still in effect, so we're not going anywhere.  I didn't plan on going anywhere anyway, but Michael might have to go to work once the roads are opened again.  That's what it means to work retail.  If they don't open, they don't make any money.  And if you're thinking "who would go shopping in this", believe me, people do.  They closed at Noon yesterday because the storm was bearing down and yet there were still people trying to get into the store at 12:30.  And no, he doesn't work in a grocery store, a hardware store or a convenience store.
 
So who wants some snowfall totals?  Well, let me start by saying that it is still snowing, so this isn't these totals will change.  It looks like Worcester is at the top of the leaderboard at the moment with a whopping 27.5 inches.  Boston comes in at 21.8.  I'll see if I can find out.  I think the news was saying it was about 2 feet, but really, how do you measure when it's blowing all over the place?


No comments:

Post a Comment