Friday, February 8, 2013

State of Emergency

The Governor has officially announced a State of Emergency.  Honestly, I don't know what that really means.  He's giving tips on what to do in the event of a power outage.  I think in Foxboro, we're becoming experts at that and could even write a guidebook.  My best tip, plan a trip to Disney   World to occur so that you're out of town when the power goes out.  :-)  We were actually at Disney when Hurricane Sandy was making her way up north and that is the last time we lost power.  So we weren't even here.

There is a travel ban in effect on MA effective at 4:00pm today until they lift it.  Basically that means DON'T DRIVE.  How many idiots will ignore that and try to go somewhere?  And I know you're thinking, what is going to be open?  Well, I was talking to the cashier at Walgreens this morning and she said that they never close, even when the power goes out.  They can only accept cash, but they stay open in case someone needs prescriptions.  She said she can understand that, but she hates the people who show up to buy soda and candy. 

Oh, penalty...wow!  Apparently if you ignore the ban you can be jailed up to a year and fined up to $500.  Believe me, I have no intention of going anywhere.  I hope we don't lose power, but I have lots and lots of blankets in this house and I think we'll be ok if we do lose power.

So who wants to see the snow at Noon?  And a closeup of the branches.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. You are cracking me up. I don't know what a blog is but you are amusing in your narrations and apparently only you can post pics..I just got home the roads are getting very dangerous by the minute. STAY HOME

    ReplyDelete