Saturday, February 9, 2013

What is that thing in the sky?

Well here we are on Saturday morning, just before noon and there is a bright spot in the sky.  I can't believe it.  Now I'm not exactly going to call it sunny, because there are still plenty of clouds but every not and then that sun breaks through and it makes everything look so pretty.  See the shadows? 



We went out earlier and did a little shoveling.  The best part of living in this apartment complex is that they are out shoveling and plowing all the time, so we really only have to do around our cars.  Unfortunately, because there is 2 feet of snow and lots of drifts, that means a whole lot of shoveling.  It's a good workout but it is not fun when the wind picks up and blows snow right back in your face, which it did to me several times. 
  No, that's not me.  That's my husband.  But I didn't just stay inside and take pictures.  I went out and took pictures too. 
And yes, I also shoveled.  C'mon now.  Did you think this New England girl leaves all the cleanup to the boys?  Oh no.  I'm outside with my shovel and my snow brush and I take care of my own car.  My Daddy didn't raise no wimpy girls.  He didn't raise any boys either, so we were taught to do everything, from cooking and cleaning the house to shoveling snow and mowing the lawn.  So I was all bundled up and out there shoveling too.

See, here's my car before and after I got to it. 



The travel ban is still in effect so even though we cleaned off the cars, we can't go anywhere.  That's ok with me.  Gives me a good excuse to stay in and chat with you fine people.  So what am I doing today?  Right now I'm sitting in the Red Sox virtual waiting room trying to get tickets for Sox-Yankees.  So glad we have power or I would have missed out on this purchase opportunity.

And we're watching Cars 2 because there's nothing like a Disney movie on a snow day.  If I can't be at Disney, at least I can watch Disney movies.  Just wait, maybe later I'll put in the Disney planning DVD and pretend I'm there instead of here. 







No comments:

Post a Comment